I nearly died laughing at this stuff. Its amazing.
This morning if I could have an entry on this site, I think it would read something like this,
"I wasn't going to eat breakfast today, I was just going to go to bed after a horrible night. Since I came home to a disastrous kitchen, I went to make a cup of tea, realizing I was hungry and all the pots were dirty (I own 2), I decided to make hard boiled eggs in the microwave. Simple. Bowl of water, plus eggs microwave for 8 minutes = quick, mess-less breakfast, (without having to do the dishes.) I managed to stuff the dishwasher and at least clean the counter tops while my eggs cooked and the kettle boiled. DING, oh good they're done. I took them out of the water, placed them on a towel, broke the shell of one to make sure it was cooked. Check. Moved them to the other counter to run them under cold water, when all of a sudden I hear a gun shot. (Insert noise of an explosion here). 2 words. Spontaneous Combustion. The first egg literally just kind of POP*ed and there it was egg splattered all over my kitchen like a paint ball. I laughed. Out loud. I stare down the second egg wondering if the same thing is going to happen to it, or if it was just a fluke kind of thing. I decide to chance it and grab a towel and run it under some cold water. Again I break the shell to peel the egg. And Fizzle, gurgle. POP. Round #2 Spontaneous Combustion. I guess I should have done the dishes. MLIA."
I cannot even explain to you how hilarious this was after one of the worst 12 hour shifts, and after several recent kitchen flops in the last 2 days. I already had frosting on my walls from Thursday nights cake episode. I actually burst into laughter. more than once. I wish I had a picture but I couldn't find my camera card. My hysterical thing that has happened to me since I got chased by the naked Spanish lady covered in poop at work.
I really wish there had been someone there to witness this with me because I think we would have been rolling on the floor. My life may or may not be average, but it certainly is amusing.
Lesson for the day: Laugh. Find joy in the ridiculosity of life. If not yours, at least mine ;)
-sj
4 comments:
Haven't laughed that hard in a while...wait still laughing..lmao
I laughed a lot. :)
Thanks, I needed that today.
I am siiiick and it gave me a moment to cheer up.
seriously. You should have seen it. It was amazing.
Lol, I'm gonna hafta check out that site :) How are you? Sorry I've been bad at blogging recently. :(
Post a Comment