Saturday, June 20, 2009

I know its forever...but its me...

So I have become a night shift girl. I hate getting up at 530 am ...it makes me miserable ... I hate the way I feel when my alarm goes off, I hate that I sleep poorly because I am afraid I won't hear my alarm, and I hate that it takes me till 11am to wake up enough to feel safe doing my job....not that I ever really feel safe at it... there is constant risk. However I am starting to find my niche... (that's a funny word)...anyhow I like the 3pm-3am shift...most everyone else I work with thinks I am crazy for that...but I like it... or 7p to 3a..... and I now whether I am working or not, my body thinks that 4am is time for dinner, and 430a is time for bed....sleep till 1pm and I am good to go....Its a little crazy, not something I thought I would like ever...but It fits right now ...so ...go with the flow...

I moved into a one bedroom apartment all of my own....everyone says...won't you be lonely... answer: sometimes...but mostly, I LOVE IT. Decorated just how I want it... candles everywhere, my bathroom is like being at the beach, filled with bath and body works, i have a sewing station in the living/dining room area...(who needs a dinning room table anyways...) a decent sized kitchen for an apartment...and TONS of closet space...not something I have ever had... annnnnd a balcony, on which my little plants are growing, I bought some pretty flowers today from a roadside stand they are very pretty. I like dirt.

I accidentally froze all the produce and most of the rest of the food, including my water pitcher in the fridge in an effort to make my freezer colder to freeze the margarita stuff for our girls night...which ended up not freezing, and with just me and Sam...it was still way fun, Center Stage and chatting till 2am while eating cookies...and maybe a small dance party...definitely a good evening....(excluding the fact that I am still coughing)

Upper respiratory infection ....left over from whatever virus I got from my patient at work that coughed right in my face, so close I could feel it on my face. I leaning to listen to her heart and said 'Take a deep breath in please" and I was looking at her mouth open as I was speaking and she coughed as she was trying to take a deep breath...not a little cough, like a "Hi, I have been coughing for weeks and can't get rid of my bronchitis" kind of cough. I knew that was the end of it, it was like I inhaled her whole cough. Gross. annnd I got sick ...fluish for 2 days....and now this irritating cough that will probably last for two weeks. And a stuffy nose. (At least I got rid of the virus, I didn't turn into a Swine, and I didn't puke my guts out, all things to be thankful for.)

So here I am 248am, still awake, should be in bed, but I don't have to work tomorrow so why sleep anyways...I have all day... except the sun comes in my window in the morning and wakes me at all hours...and I keep forgetting to buy an eye mask. o-well.

Some days I feel like an adult, a woman, my own place, good job, big girl bed, bills, buying furniture....and then you meet someone, or do something, and there I am feeling 16 again...gees some days I feel like I am in high school again...confused as all get out... know idea what to say, or do or act...awkward...silly...and still totally confused about who I am and what I think and believe...
Somethings I know deep down in my heart... but its hard to keep them on the surface sometimes...and other things creep in...How do you get that stuff that is deep down in your heart, what you know is true, to be on the surface too? How do you get that stuff to be the everyday stuff, and not stuck on the shelf? Beats me...any suggestions ?

Starting to fade...time to attempt sleep...
thanks for tuning in to the ridiculous life of me. Glad my friends love me despite the fact that I am completely and utterly insane... sanity is overrated anyways.


6 comments:

Liz said...

I cringed as I was reading the part about the cough in your face haha oh man that sounds awful. Well, I'm glad you're much better. Hey and as far as liking the night shift - more power to ya! If you're happy that;s all that counts. I'm proud of you, it sounds like you have your life coming together and you're all grown up! LIVE, I say, live :)

Liz said...

"how do you break up with a guy you aren't dating, but are kind of talking to, but can't hang out with anymore"

haha that is the current project of the night. i have a plan. i'm feeling confident. but whats holding me back is the fear that it'll blow up in my face. eh wish me luck

Liz said...

lol did you end up with swine or diarrhea?

no scabies or swine for me, but i did get some kind of contact dermatitis rash on the inside of my forearms that I thought was scabies. But it's not. And i still don't know what I'm allergic to that I came in "contact" with.

Liz said...

i kind of did on wednesday buuut as always i have a hard time staying completely away..but i think things will be better now. i have a feeling ;)

in other news, the linen boy at work asked about me lol ugh and he's not good news either. i need "wrong boy repellant"

Liz said...

Yay I'm proud you could do it. I defriended my break up boy from facebook yesterday lol even though we weren't talking, it was making it harder for me to fully move on. how are you handling it?

Unknown said...

hey sarahjean--i'm a night shift gal too now (as you do know) but I had to just post something here as i'm reading over the last few posts i've been missing because i've been m.i.a. on my blog ;) so sorry, but i'm back now and more passionate than ever!! at least right now lol. but the main reason is i now have internet working at the condo and so i can access my blog much easier and in the quiet and privacy of my own home. funny though as i write this at my sister's place...but normally i'll be writing at home--Corinne just began to cry, silence is a rarity in this household. ok, i look forward to catching up this way and love that we write letters too! i'm praying for you my dear.